International Student Services
BCA Study Abroad coordinates the study for exchange students from our host institutions interested in studying in the United States.
Each year, students from Ecuador, Germany, Spain and other nations enroll to study at U.S. campuses, increasing their own understanding of American culture and enriching campus life. Exchange students apply through their home institution and can choose study at one of several colleges and universities in the U.S., including:
If your college or university is interested in hosting BCA international students on your campus, please contact Stephen Burwood at the BCA central office.
International students who study in the United States through BCA Study Abroad have several responsibilities.
- BCA students must help students at the host institution to benefit from the exchange. This might involve tutoring U.S. students in a foreign language or participating in international festivals on campus.
- Students must pay their own travel and personal expenses, as well as any additional student fees (e.g., laboratory fees, music lessons, tutoring, etc.) charged by the U.S. host institution.
- Students must abide by the rules of the U.S. host institution.
- Students must not remain beyond the agreed upon semester or year without the written permission of their home campus and BCA.
- Students must be willing to live in language houses, act as tutors, or help in language classes and labs, as requested. BCA expects international students to be a resource at the U.S. institution for campus activities that will highlight their language, country and culture. Such assistance, of course, should be reasonable and should not interfere with students' studies.